Thursday, January 18, 2007

Fun With CSPAN

I know, I know. Get laid. Get a life. I get it already.

But...I took the afternoon off work and have been watching some fun on CSPAN. The average viewer might prefer a root canal, but this is some good politics. The Democrats wanted to put an end to the corporate welfare to oil companies, and the Republicans had a hissy fit. All afternoon they've been exerting parliamentary inquiries and points of order. Sucks to be out of power, boyz. And there's some weird personal point of order thing happening with a guy named Gomer, or somesuchthing, with Nancy Pelosi (the first female Speaker of the House, baby). The House passed the raising of the minimum wage, so this guy Gomer got upset that Nancy Pelosi won't include American Samoa because she has stock ownership in a company there. Then the delegate from American Samoa got up and called out Gomer from Texas. I don't know who the woman is acting as speaker right now, but she weilds a wicked gavel. Her learning curve seems a little steep, but she's keeping up and keeping the Republicans from having a coup. I am so in love with politics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home