Thursday, January 11, 2007

Pay No Attention To The Man Behind the Curtain

This is an interesting post from Steve Clemons about what's happening in the mideast right now. Watching Bush's speech last night with no small amount of snark, I didn't pay attention to the larger picture about Iran and Syria. Today comes word of a raid on an Iranian government office in Iraq by US forces. Blogs are abuzz that this constitutes an act of aggression against a foreign power. So I've read these stories, I've re-read Bush's speech. And I'm frankly freaked out, partly because I'm so flipping late to the party. I believed the media believed it when they would say that he was steadfast in his leadership. I thought they were as crazy as he was in supporting that he wouldn't face reality, but whatever. Now I believe he is not steadfast, he is not faith-based, he's getting down to the wire of the end of his presidency and he fully intends this war to be not about Iraq, but about Iran and Syria. Iraq was a means to an end to get into Iran and Syria. He's got two years left in office, which is the blink of an eye in geo-politics. He's not escalating, he's preparing to invade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home