Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Go Figure

There I was, watching Joe Wilson on Larry King, and flipped during a commercial to Hannity and Colmes. Then something awful happened...

I actually agreed with a comment from Sean Hannity. I expect the Four Horsemen of the Apacolypse at my door any second. Holy cow.

Hannity was talking about the bird flu, and said that he believes that officials know more than they're saying, and they believe this flu will be the worst case scenario, and are scared crazy by it.

I agree with him.

Readers of this blog know I've pounded the drum for months about the bird flu, and our criminal unpreparedness for it. I've been practically begging for the powerhouse media to pay more attention to it. Then CNN spent a day or so scaring the shit out of the country.

After awhile, the talk calmed down. But I think the turning point for the government came when HSS Secretary Mike Leavitt went to Asia and saw for himself what a nightmare this could become. I think it scared him. Because it was after that visit that the President started talking about it more, all leading to today's speech about howevermany points of preparedness he thinks we need. But...

Be careful what you ask for, because you may get it. An off-the-cuff remark made by the president on the flu during the hurricane crisis made everyone take notice (however brief) about the military's use of controlling its citizens in crisis. He made mention that perhaps a bird flu crisis could be a good use of the military. Everyone blinked, then moved on. But then in today's speech, he said containment of outbreaks is necessary. Think about that. How in the hell can you contain an entire city? I'm thinking not easily, at least not without the military.

Also in the speech, the President introduced us to thepandemic flu website. Even the name is designed to scare the hell out of the public. So once again, the media will help Bush go beyond the rational into the insane.

But what the hell do I know, I am meeting the Four Horsemen later for drinks.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can phrase that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is stationary a question as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with efflux of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=photo gadget pro 2.3 ?
I noticed the utter you have in the offing not used. Or you partake of the dark methods of promotion of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg

6:15 PM, February 10, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home